Get Connected In Your New Community!
Scheduled to coincide with residence hall move-in, Welcome Weekend is packed with opportunities to meet great people, get acquainted with the campus and community and learn about the many services and programs that will help you succeed as a Petrel.
These items must be completed before you can attend this event:
- Notify us of Academic Accommodation/Accessibility Needs: New students who require accommodation should notify Accessibility Services in the Academic Success Center as soon as possible after submitting the enrollment deposit, and at least two weeks before the first day of classes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the requested accommodation or to make an appointment.
- Send us a Photo for your Petrel Pass: Your Petrel Pass is your student ID and will be used to access your residence hall, check out library books, access the dining hall and more. This picture does not need to be formal, it just needs to look like you! Please make sure photos of your face are taken straight on with no hats or glasses. Send your photo to email@example.com.
- Purchase a Parking Permit: If you plan to bring a car to campus, you must purchase a parking permit. More information on permits will be sent via email in early August. Stay tuned!
- Social Media: Share the good news with your friends and family on Twitter and Instagram! Tag #followthepetrel.
- Follow us and you might see a photo of yourself at one our our summer events!
- Twitter @oglethorpeuniv, Instagram @oglethorpeuniv and @oglethorpelife