Map Your Unique College Journey!
Discuss your schedule with your Compass Advisor, see your on-campus Residence Hall, get connected with current students and faculty, and learn the ins-and-outs of Oglethorpe! MAP Days are required and are reserved for students who have made a deposit. Students with extenuating circumstances who are unable to attend will participate in an online MAP day.
2018 Dates: Registration Opens April 15!
- ☐ Make your Enrollment Deposit of $300: Secure your spot in the Oglethorpe Class of 2022! First, visit your Petrel Portal and complete the Enrollment Response Form. Once you’ve told us that you’re coming to OU, complete your $300 deposit.
- ☐ Complete the Course Preference Form: Ensure your schedule reflects your interests. This information helps our academic team craft a schedule that’s right for you.
- ☐ Register for the Math Placement Exam: For students planning to major in Biology, Biopsychology, Chemistry, Engineering (dual-degree), Mathematics, Physics. Register to take the exam on campus at no-charge. Students can also take the test at home for a small fee through Proctor U. You cannot register for classes in the above majors until you complete the Math Placement Exam. More information about Math Placement Exams will be available on Feb. 15.
- ☐ Set up OU Email & Oasis accounts: Oasis is the system that will help you manage your academic schedule and account information at OU. After you complete your enrollment deposit, you will receive an email to your personal email account with instructions on how to set up your OU email and log in to Oasis. Don’t forget your passwords! OU email address will begin to be distributed on April 3.
- ☐ Set up your Billing and Payment Preferences: Please let us know the primary contact person for issues regarding bill pay using the following form: https://apply.oglethorpe.edu/register/billing. Billing and payments information will be sent to your OU email account and to your home address. Fall invoices will be available starting May 31. You will also receive an email to your OU email account when your first statement is available, at which time you can use the “shared access” option to grant access to anyone else who may be helping you pay your bill (such as parents, grandparents, or guardians).
- ☐ Complete a Housing Application: All entering students must complete a housing application OR an exemption application. Housing Applications will open on March 1.
- ☐ Send us your Final Transcripts and Exam Scores: As soon as you obtain final high school transcripts, college transcripts (for transfer students), dual-enrollment transcripts, AP scores, and IB scores, send them to Oglethorpe. Please send all official documents to email@example.com.
- ☐ Complete the Health/Immunization Forms: All entering students must submit the required health history documents before the start of their incoming semester.
- ☐ Complete the FERPA Form: FERPA is the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Here, you have the option to give family or other trusted parties access to your financial and academic records.
- ☐ Complete Mandatory Online Safety Training: As part of our comprehensive prevention program for new students, Oglethorpe University expects you to complete two online pre-orientation safety trainings, AlcoholEdu & Haven. More information on Safety Trainings will be available June 1.
- ☐ Notify us of Academic Accommodation/Accessibility Needs: New students who require accommodation should notify Accessibility Services in the Academic Success Center as soon as possible after submitting the enrollment deposit, and at least two weeks before the first day of classes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the requested accommodation or to make an appointment.
- ☐ Send us a Photo for your Petrel Pass: Your Petrel Pass is your student ID and will be used to access your residence hall, check out library books, access the dining hall and more. This picture does not need to be formal, it just needs to look like you! Please make sure photos of your face are taken straight on with no hats or glasses. Send your photo to email@example.com.
- ☐ Purchase a Parking Permit: If you plan to bring a car to campus, you must purchase a parking permit. More information on permits will be sent via email in early August. Stay tuned!
- ☐ Social Media: Share the good news with your friends and family on Twitter and Instagram! Tag #followthepetrel.
- Visit your Petrel Portal.
- Scroll down to the section marked “Forms.”
- A red “X” means an item has not been completed; a green check mark means you’re all set!
- Review each item for completion.
- Contact your counselor with any questions or concerns!