Welcome to Oglethorpe!
Whether you are entering college for the first time, or whether you’ve got some classes under your belt, we are looking forward to helping you transition into Oglethorpe. Orientation will be one of the busiest, most exciting weekends in your Oglethorpe career, and we are happy to help you get acquainted with our campus.
All new students are required to attend Orientation in its entirety.These sessions will prepare you for your time at Oglethorpe through student training, information sessions, and interactive programs. We have worked hard to provide our students with the most effective and relevant information during Orientation. You will be totally prepared to handle life as a new student at Oglethorpe after these sessions!
Information regarding Spring 2015 Orientation can be found in the sections below. Please continue to check this page for more information! We will work to provide you with the most up-to-date information so you can come prepared.
After you’ve looked through the Orientation booklet, Orientation Schedule, and submitted your RSVP, please check out our University website. You can find so many resources about academics, housing, and student life at Oglethorpe by visiting our website. If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to reach out to me! I am happy to help you through the Orientation process.
See you in January!
Coordinator of Student Activities & Orientation
2015 SPRING ORIENTATION INFORMATION
SPRING ORIENTATION IS JANUARY 9TH & 10TH AND IS REQUIRED OF ALL STUDENTS!
Please RSVP for Spring Orientation by following this link. Parents and guests are invited to join students on Friday, January 9th.
Want to check out your Orientation materials before January? Click the image below to see our New Student Booklet! This booklet includes the Orientation schedule, academic information, student services information, and Campus Life information.
Orientation Council Applications Now Available!
Click on the flyer below or visit this link to fill out your Orientation Leader application today!
ORIENTATION LEADER JOB DESCRIPTION
An OU Orientation Leader (OL) conveys information to new students and their families about programs and services. The OL assists with all orientation events and plays a vital role in facilitating the adjustment of new students to the Oglethorpe campus and community. The OL position is an outstanding opportunity for any student interested in gaining leadership skills and enhancing their marketability for future positions. The OL will assist with orientation events by leading discussion groups with incoming students and family members; assisting in the preparation of orientation activities and materials; explaining academic opportunities and procedures; acquainting new students with campus services and building locations; and discussing sensitive issues. OLs will attend ALL orientation sessions and ALL training sessions during Spring and Fall 2015.
In addition, OLs will:
- Assist with the organization, planning, and implementation of orientation activities
- Attend all training and Orientation sessions
- Communicate with students within groups during the summer via phone, email, and Facebook
- Acquaint new students with campus services, activities, facilities, and campus rules and regulations
- Lead discussion groups with incoming students and family members
- Encourage new students to fully participate in the University environment
- Assist new students with understanding academic requirements
- Participate in the evaluation of the orientation program
- Comply with the Orientation Leader Code of Ethics
TO APPLY FOR ORIENTATION COUNCIL, YOU MUST:
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Be in good judicial standing with the University
- Attend ONE Information Session in January or February
- Complete this application by November 14th at 5PM.
ORIENTATION COUNCIL SELECTION TIMELINE
- December 1st: Applications Available Online
- January 30th: OL Info. Session at 1PM (TLCC Student Commons)
- February 11th: OL Info. Session at 6PM (TLCC Student Commons)
- February 16th: Applications Due
- February 26th-February 27th: OL Interviews
- March 1st: Applicants Notified of Status
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org