Welcome to Oglethorpe!
Whether you are entering college for the first time, or whether you’ve got some classes under your belt, we are looking forward to helping you transition into Oglethorpe. Orientation will be one of the busiest, most exciting weekends in your Oglethorpe career, and we are happy to help you get acquainted with our campus.
All new students are required to attend Orientation in its entirety.These sessions will prepare you for your time at Oglethorpe through student training, information sessions, and interactive programs. We have worked hard to provide our students with the most effective and relevant information during Orientation. You will be totally prepared to handle life as a new student at Oglethorpe after these sessions!
Information regarding Spring 2015 Orientation will be uploaded by November 15th, 2014. Please continue to check this page for more information! We will work to provide you with the most up-to-date information so you can come prepared.
While you’re waiting for the official schedule, please check out our University website. You can find so many resources about academics, housing, and student life at Oglethorpe by visiting our website. If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to reach out to me! I am happy to help you through the Orientation process.
See you in January!
Coordinator of Student Activities & Orientation
Orientation Council Applications Now Available!
Click on the flyer below or visit this link to fill out your Orientation Council application today!
ORIENTATION COUNCIL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Orientation Council is comprised former Orientation Leaders who wish to help plan and implement Orientation. These executive level positions serve for eight months starting in January and ending the following August with OU Orientation Day of Service. Throughout the year they:
- Implement, plan and execute Spring 2015 and Fall 2015 New Student Orientations
- Attend SROW (Orientation Conference) in March located in Kentucky
- Recruit, select, hire, and train approximately 30 Orientation Leaders
- Serve as the face of Oglethorpe to countless parent and family members
TO APPLY FOR ORIENTATION COUNCIL
- Minimum 2.7 GPA required
- Must have been an previous Orientation Leader
- Complete this application by November 14th at 5PM.
ORIENTATION COUNCIL SELECTION TIMELINE
- October 17th: Applications Released
- November 14th: Applications Due at 5PM
- November 20-21st: Individual Interviews
- December 1st: Applicant Acceptance Announced
Are you interested in being a 2015 Orientation Leader?
Applications will be available here on December 1st. Please check back to see if you have what it takes to rock the black polo!