- Developing skills and abilities critical to enhanced written and oral communication.
- Acquiring knowledge and skills relating to ethical reasoning and decision-making.
- Gaining knowledge and skills pertaining to the acquisition, critical evaluation and ethical use of information from a variety of sources.
- Learning how to integrate knowledge from seemingly unrelated events or experiences in order to acquire a more profound understanding.
- Becoming a contributing, responsible and engaged member of a community of learners.
OUr Atlanta Program
Each FYS/OGL course is paired with one or more student mentors. These mentors work closely with first year students, participating in Orientation (Day of Service pictured) and all FYS/OGL activities throughout the course of the semester. As established members, and oftentimes leaders in the Oglethorpe community, student mentors are an invaluable resource in connecting first year students with events, organizations, and people who match their need and interests.