Map Your Unique College Journey!
Discuss your schedule with your Compass Advisor, see your on-campus Residence Hall, get connected with current students and faculty, and learn the ins-and-outs of Oglethorpe! MAP Days are required and are reserved for students who have made a deposit. Students with extenuating circumstances who are unable to attend will participate in an online MAP day. More information TBD.
2017 Dates: Friday, June 9, July 7, July 21. REGISTER
These items must be completed before you can register for this event:
- Make your Enrollment Deposit of $300 to secure your spot in the Oglethorpe Class of 2021! First, visit your Petrel Portal and complete the Enrollment Response Form. Once you’ve told us that you’re coming to OU, you will be prompted to complete your $300 deposit right on your portal.
- Complete the Course Preference Form: Ensure your schedule reflects your interests. This information helps our academic team craft a schedule that’s right for you.
- Register for the Math Placement Exam: For students planning to major in Biology, Biopsychology, Chemistry, Engineering (dual-degree), Mathematics, Physics. Sign up to take the math placement exam on campus at no-charge. Students can also take the test at home for a small fee through Proctor U. You cannot register for classes until you complete the Math Placement Exam. See dates and more information about Math Placement Exams.
- Complete a housing application: All entering students must complete a housing application OR an exemption application. Housing applications will be available starting on March 1 for incoming Fall 2017 students.
- Set up your billing and payment preferences: Please let us know the primary contact person for issues regarding bill pay using this form. Billing and payments information will be sent to your OU email account and to your home address. Fall invoices will be available starting May 31. You will also receive an email to your OU email account when your first statement is available, at which time you can use the “shared access” option to grant access to anyone else who may be helping you pay your bill (such as parents, grandparents, or guardians).
These items must be completed before you can attend this event:
- Set up OU Email & Oasis accounts: Oasis is the system that will help you manage your academic schedule and account information at OU. On April 3 you will receive an email to your personal email account with instructions on how to set up your OU email and log in to Oasis. Don’t forget your passwords!
- Send us your final transcripts and exam scores: As soon as you obtain final high school transcripts, college transcripts (for transfer students), dual-enrollment transcripts, AP scores, and IB scores, send them to Oglethorpe. Please send all official documents to email@example.com.
- Complete the Health/Immunization Forms: All entering students must submit the required health history documents before the start of their incoming semester.
- Complete the FERPA Form: FERPA is the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Using this form, you have the option to give family or other trusted parties access to your financial and academic records.
- Complete mandatory online Title IX/sexual assault training: All Oglethorpe students are required to have successfully complete the mandatory online training. Link coming soon.